To subscribe to the JC3/CHESMA Guardian Angels Program, please read the following and fill out the form.
By subscribing (clicking on the "send" button, below), you acknowledge that you understand that:
- The purpose of this project it to make daily contact with people living alone in SMA to assure their well-being as part of Shalom San Miguel de Allende's tzedakah/community service commitment.
- If our volunteers cannot contact you after multiple attempts, a supervisor will call your designated neighbors/friends who live nearby. You MUST give your designees keys to your home (and any alarm codes) and make them aware of your participation in this program.
- If your neighbors/friends cannot contact you, you agree to give the supervisor and designees permission to enter your home (preferably together, for security purposes). In the event of an emergency situation, the appropriate authorities--ambulance and/or police--will be summoned.
- You agree to keep current either a "File of Life" card, or other emergency medical information, in a readily accessible place on your refrigerator door. Please include hospital preference/insurance requirement, if any (NB: this may be up to the EMT's discretion, however.)
- We are staffed solely by non-medical volunteers; our involvement will continue up to the point when emergency medical personnel arrive. We can bear no responsibility whatsoever regarding medical treatment or outcome.
- Although we will do our best to contact each subscriber every day, we cannot be responsible for technical difficulties, inaccurate information, termination of your telephone service, etc.
- You MUST tell our volunteer callers if you plan to be out of your home the next day (shopping, meetings, trips) to avoid unnecessary mobilization of emergency protocol!
- We reserve the right to disenroll anyone from this program, at our sole discretion.
- This service is available to all residents of SMA regardless of religious affiliation.
- There is a nominal suggested donation of 150 pesos upon registration; larger contributions to CHESMA, AC would of course be graciously accepted and appreciated. No one will be turned away for inability to pay.