Donations to the JC3
The Jewish Cultural and Community Center relies on modest dues and donations to meet basic expenses like utilities, payroll for our administrative assistant and cleaning personnel, supplies, accountant fees, etc. Reports on our assets, income and expenses are available to members upon request, and at our annual meetings in January.
While our general fund contributes 10% of its income to charity, special funds below safeguard additional, targeted contributions:
B’nei Anusim Fund- to help cover educational and conversion expenses for local Mexicans who fervently desire to formally convert/return to mainstream Judaism. Monies are needed for educational materials, to pay for 3 rabbis’ travel expenses to form the Bet Din (rabbinical court) necessary for conversion, and to help defray the cost of circumcision.
Cemetery Fund- to establish a Jewish cemetery for residents who are interested in Jewish burial.
Tzedakah Fund- to aid needy residents, Jewish and non-Jewish. Tzedakah is a moral, ethical and religious obligation, not merely a charitable act.
- Building Fund- renovations/maintenance, etc.; your support in vital in making the JC3 a place in which we can all be proud!
- Kiddush Fund - to provide Saturday luncheons after religious services.
- Music Fund- to pay for special musical presentations, during services, community parties and events.
If Your contribution to CHESMA, AC may be tax deductible under the laws of the country where you file taxes. Please consult your tax professional. If you itemize your deductions, please contact the office to request a tax reconciliation letters.
HOW TO DONATE:
1) All checks (US, Mexican, Canadian) need to be made out to "CHESMA, AC".
From within México, our local mailing address is:
Calle de las Moras #47
San Miguel de Allende, GTO 37760
From outside México, our US mailing address is:
Shalom SMA/CHESMA, AC
220 N. Zapata Hwy., #11
Laredo, TX 78043
2) Cash or checks may be left with our Administrative Assistant at the JC3 (Las Moras #47, corner of 5 de Mayo, Col. Allende) during regular business hours.
3) Checks (not cash, please) may also be left in our box at La Conexión (#613A), or in the mail slot at the JC3. Please include your contact information, as well as any specific instructions how you would like the donation applied: membership, building fund, general fund, etc. Unspecified funds will be placed in the General Fund to be used as necessary.
4) A popular way of sending money here in Mexico is via an interbank deposit/transfer (from your Mexican bank, or you can even do so from any OXXO store). You just need the following data:
Accepting Bank: Intercam Banco
Titular: CHESMA, A.C.
5) We are pleased to announce that we can now accept credit card donations via PayPal (you don't need to have a PayPal account to donate by credit card!)
Please click on the "Donate" button below to do so now:
6) You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office at (415) 185-9191 to arrange pickup of donations; if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.